EDPB Annual Report 2018
The European Data Protection Board (EDPB) released its first annual report. The EDPB was established by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on 25th May 2018. The Dutch Data Protection Authority (Dutch DPA) is a member of the EDPB.
The EDPB’s annual report 2018 summarises its activities through the year, and reviews:
- the practical application of its guidelines;
- its recommendations and best practice reports;
- its binding decisions;
- the levels of data protection of natural persons in the EU and, where relevant, in third countries and international organisations.
The Dutch DPA was closely involved in many of these activities and publications, for example:
- Guidelines on consent
- Guidelines on automated decision making and profiling
- Guidelines for identifying a controller or processor’s lead supervisory authority.
About the EDPB
The EDPB is an independent European body, which contributes to the consistent application of data protection rules throughout the European Union, and promotes cooperation between the EU’s data protection authorities.
The EDPB is composed of representatives of the national data protection authorities, and the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS).
Aleid Wolfsen, chairman of the Dutch DPA, is deputy chairman of the EDPB.
For more information, see: the website of the EDPB.